Notice anything new? We’ve added a new section called My NetGalley Activity where you can see your activity and stats. Next time you log in, take a look at your page and you’ll see the following:
- Recently Approved Titles: these are new approvals you’ve received that you haven’t yet looked at.
- Active Titles: these are titles you’ve been approved for, which you’ve already viewed (viewed means you looked at the title page, not necessarily that you’ve downloaded the file yet).
- My NetGalley Activity: this is a snapshot of your activity on NetGalley. It shows when you became a member, how many invitations you’ve received from publishers to view titles (widgets that were emailed to you), how often you’ve been approved and declined, and the number of reviews you’ve submitted via NetGalley. Don’t forget that even if you’re not a “reviewer” you can submit your feedback to the publisher using Manage My Reviews!
While you’re checking out these new changes, please take the time to update your contact information! Since more and more publishers outside of North America are now participating in NetGalley, publishers need to know what country you reside in so they can make sure they have territory rights to share galleys with you. Publishers will now be able to see your country when you make requests. Go to My Profile/Contact Information to update your country informtion.*
If you’re a librarian who belongs to the American Library Association, be sure you add your ALA number to your NetGalley Account Information! Adding your member number will help publishers approve your requests more quickly. Learn more.
Lastly, everyone should feel free to use the Manage My Reviews section to send feedback to the publisher!
- Bloggers and reviewers, send the text of your review, links to where it’s posted and when.
- Librarians, let them know if you’re adding it to your collection or recommending it to library patrons. Are you interested in hosting an event with the author? Ask them here.
- Booksellers, tell them if you’re hand-selling it in your store or planning to add it to a special display. Do you want to set up an in-store signing? Reach out here.
- Educators, tell them if you’re adopting it for your course or using it in a lesson plan.
- Media professionals, they certainly want to know if you’ll be running a story, booking the author, otherwise covering it, or pitching it as a new television show or film!
Once you’ve written your message, change the status to “Review Completed” and press Save & Close. The message will be sent directly to the publisher.
*Note: NetGalley will NEVER reveal your address, phone or email without your permission. You can manage your privacy preferences in your Public Bio, under Visibility.