Judging by the hopping comments area on our Q&A with book blogger Candace Levy, today’s #followreader chat from 4-5pm ET on Twitter looks like it will be a lively one!
Candace (aka @bethfishreads) will join us as a guest to explore the evolving role of book bloggers, as they collaborate more closely with publishers and booksellers in the digital age.
Here are some of the questions we’ll discuss:
- How can book bloggers increase their impact on book sales?
- Pros and cons of joining in collective events like book blog tours
- What it takes to run a reading challenge, as a way to draw attention to lesser-known books and authors with newly released books
- Linking blog reviews to Facebook, Twitter, web sites, blogs, email communication, and event radio & TV for maximum impact
- Should bloggers write about a publisher or imprint they admire?
To join the #followreader conversation, here’s what to do:
- Just before 4pm ET today, log in to Twitter or whatever interface you prefer. (We recommend Tweetchat, which refreshes quickly and automatically loads your hashtag when you are in the discussion.)
- To follow the discussion, run a search for #followreader
- I’ll start by asking a few questions, before opening up the discussion to the group.
- To post a comment to the discussion, make sure that the hashtag #followreader is in each tweet you write.