This Friday on #FollowReader, we’ll be Twit-chatting with the fabulous Ms. Angela James (@AngelaJames), the newly appointed Executive Editor for Harlequin’s soon-to-be on-the-e-reading-scene Carina Press (@CarinaPress). Launching the summer of 2010, Carina will be a digital-only publishing house, operating independently of Harlequin’s traditional publishing businesses.
Angela James is a long time key player in the e-romance world, and a well-known (and delightfully outspoken) advocate for digital publishing. Among the topics we’ll be discussing with Angie on Friday’s #FollowReader:
- Carina’s decision to go digital only (or at least, digital-first, for now)
- No DRM – did we hear that right? And, what does that really mean?
- Beyond women’s fiction — what subgenres can we expect to see from Carina?
- Author compensation: Carina’s is going the no- advance/higher royalty route. What does that approach means for authors, publishers and readers?
- What are Angie’s predictions for the future of publishing/books/reading?
- And, just how cool is it to be launching a brand new publishing house for HARLEQUIN?
So, hope you can join us Friday, November 20th at 4pm ET.
- Learn more about Angela James at Angela’s own blog: Nice Mommy/Evil Editor Blog
- Learn more about Carina Press
To join the #followreader conversation on Friday, here’s what to do:
- Just before 4pm ET, log in to Twitter or whatever interface you use (e.g. Tweetchat, Tweetdeck, Twitterific, etc.)
- To follow the discussion, run a search for #followreader
- I’ll start by asking Angie (@AngelaJames) a few questions, before opening up the discussion to the group.
- To post to the discussion, type #followreader in each tweet
NOTE: You might want to experiment with TweetChat, which refreshes quickly and automatically loads your hashtag when you are in the discussion.
Looking forward to tweeting with you on Friday! And, for those of you who can’t make it on Friday, watch this space next week for a recap of the highlights. Also, please feel free to suggest topics for future #followreader chats in the comments below.